NEWS + UPDATES
BLACK LIVES MATTER RESPONSE
At Garmentory we believe strongly in our collective responsibility to work against racism and social injustice and to use our platform to promote the greater good. What happened to George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and too many others was inhumane, unjust, and in the simplest terms, wrong. While we navigate and find ways to support and take action we join our community in sharing resources. See below for ways you can help the black community now:
- Donate to organizations tackling this head on, including: Reclaim the Block, Black Visions Collective, Women for Political Action Mutual Aid Fund, North West Community Bail Fund, Black Lives Matters, Black Lives Seattle.
- Sign the petition calling for the arrest and charge of the police officers involved in George Floyd’s murder.
- Call 612-324-4499 directly to reach DA Michael Freeman, who has the power to arrest and charge the Minneapolis officers involved, so that justice will be served and all four officers will properly be held accountable for the murder of George Floyd.
- Donate to organizations bailing out protestors who are being arrested in the fight for justice. The National Bail Fund Network maintains a full directory of community bail funds by state.
- Listen and learn. Seek out books, articles, videos, and information on how to be a better ally to the black community with a better understanding of their history and struggle. You can find an extensive list of anti-racism resources here.
At Garmentory, we will continue to learn, grow, and share resources in the fight for justice for all. We aren't perfect, but we will always stand for justice and are dedicated to bettering ourselves in the pursuit of change. We are open to any feedback and suggestions on how we can continue doing so.
MARCH 16, 2020— As we continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation, we want to share a few updates from our team. Our first priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of our team and community. We are working closely with our shipping partners to ensure orders are being processed and shipped in a safe and timely manner, in accordance with the CDC and WHO guidelines.
As you may know, many of the independent boutiques and designers who make up our wonderful community have been deeply impacted by the restrictions imposed to contain the spread of the virus.. Now more than ever, we appreciate your ongoing support and encouragement that is helping keep these independent businesses alive.
During these uncertain times, we are dedicated to continue providing the same level of support you’ve come to expect from us. Hope you are staying healthy and well.
Given the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, we are taking every precaution to ensure orders go out safely and quickly. However, there are expected shipping delays as some of our partners are not able to access their boutiques on a daily basis. We are working together to ship everything out as soon as possible with limited delays. We will continue to keep you updated as much as possible, but if you have any specific questions regarding your Garmentory order, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DOES GARMENTORY WORK?
Learn more about how Garmentory helps support small businesses here.