Get to Know Rita Row
Born in Figueres (Girona), Spain in June 2013, Rita Row is made up of two halves, Imma Serra and Xènia Semis. Our goal is to create garments with an elegant and comfortable functionality, with a commitment to the industry of proximity and quality. Ours is a project with an integral soul that combines tradition, conscience, design, and exclusivity. A new generation of quality garments to women who look for distinctive garments.
“Rita” is the imaginary character that acts as our source of inspiration to develop each collection. Rita's universe has been defined occasionally as comfortable and beautiful, oversized and sexy. Projecting the image of a modern, hardworking, discerning, and free woman, she breathes the Mediterranean air, which uniquely infuses all things designed near the sea.
Are you a Rita girl?
Our values are ethical living, ethical and sustainable production, and responsible trade.
We feel that sustainable fashion is in a unique position for greater ethical awareness. Our products allow us to contribute to the local economy, while giving us greater control over our supply chains. With greater knowledge about the origin of fabrics, the Rita Row brand can strive to make garments as ethically as possible. And by supporting this fashion line, consumers can also have this effect in their own closets.
We’re also able to support the local economy through employment, while reducing the environmental impact of fashion: 55 percent of our garments are manufactured in Spain and the remaining 45 percent are made in Portugal. Everyone who works in our textile production chain has access to fair wages, security, and dignified working conditions—we consider each employee of the factory as a member of the Rita Row team.
Furthermore, all of our threads and fabrics come from Europe (Spain, Italy, and France). Most of our fabrics have the OEKO-TEX® certificate. And in general, we prioritize products with recycled and ecological content to minimize environmental impact.
We support the currents creating values in a society willing to consume more consciously. It is not an impossible mission, we just need all of us to take a responsible and ethical attitude towards fashion.
SS20 COLLECTION - BELLA SIMONETTA
With this collection, Rita Row wants to reveal the essence of women: natural, standing, with no goddess complex. Combining essential elements such as air, earth, and water that represent the origin of inspiration, a place and a universe where only beautiful objects are created. The Renaissance artist Botticelli created the feminine ideal of the Quattrocento time period, taking as model Simonetta Vespucci, whose name inspired this collection.